Each clove is planted by hand to ensure the best quality possible.
Organic matter is used to feed the plants and soil. NO herbicides or pesticides are used.
The soil is tilled between rows and weeded by hand between plants to promote optimum growth. Garlic cannot compete against weeds.
Each scape is removed so the plant's energy will increase bulb size instead of forming the bulblets at the top.
Garlic is harvested when 40% of the leaves have browned and 60% are green.
Garlic is bundled and hung in the barn to dry for two weeks.
Each bulb is topped, roots are trimmed, and bulb wrappers are cleaned for market. Seed stock is not cleaned since its purpose is for planting.